Canada's 150th Birthday Celebrations
This year we are celebrating Canada’s 150th anniversary of Confederation, a.k.a. birthday! Check out some of the festivities happening this year and show your Canadian pride! Hint: fireworks will be extra-ordinary this year – be sure not to miss them!
Canada’s 150th at Canada Place (including Fireworks!)
When: July 1 & 2
Where: Canada Place, Jack Poole Plaza and surrounding city streets
Address: 999 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC V6C 3T4
- Daytime event featuring five performance stages featuring Sam Roberts, Fefe Dobson, Emerson Drive, Hey Ocean!, Dragonette, Madeline Merlo, The Matinee, and many more
- Citizenship ceremony welcoming 150 new Canadians
- Coast Capital Savings Youth Zone
- Canadian Forces Zone with incredible displays and interactive exhibits
- Canada150 Zone
- North Point Lounge serving beer and wine, presented by Steam Whistle Brewing
- Kids Zone in Harbour Green Park (July 1 only)
- Canadian Oath reaffirmation ceremony presented by CIBC
- Multi-community fireworks show with simulcast by Rock 101 (July 1)
- Pancake breakfast (July 2)
- Canada150 parade through downtown Vancouver (July 2)
Fore more information, click here.
To buy your fireworks viewing zone tickets, click here.
Canada’s 150th at Grouse Grind – The Peak of Vancouver
When: July 1
Where: Grouse Mountain
Address: 6400 Nancy Greene Way, North Vancouver, BC V7R 4K9
Special Canada Day activities:
- Peak Yoga (9:30am-10:30am, Mountaintop Plaza): Kick off your Canada Day with a complimentary, 1-hour outdoor yoga practice presented by YYoga.
- Party in the Plaza (11am-6pm, Mountaintop Plaza): Join us in the Plaza for a special Canada Day BBQ* and Beer Garden*, live DJ music and a live band, and a Street Hockey Shoot-Out Challenge. *à la carte prices apply
- Canada Day Pop-Up Shop (11am-6pm, in front of the Mountaintop Chalet): Gear up with everything Canada.
- Grizwald the Grizzly bear (11am-5pm, various locations): Snap a photo with our lovable mountain mascot.
- Guinness World Record Attempt (1:00pm, The Cut): Be a part of history and help us achieve the Guinness World Record for the "largest human maple leaf"! Wear your best red outfit and follow the signs to the top of The Cut. There are also lots of great draw prizes to be won.
- Picture Yourself Here (all day, various locations): Capture your Canada Day with our mountaintop as your backdrop! Look for the photo frames around the Mountaintop.
- Complimentary Canada Day temporary tattoos & flags (8am-8pm, Guest Services): Head to Guest Services at the Base or in the Mountaintop Chalet to get decked out for Canada Day.
- Axe-Throwing (2pm-6pm, Mountaintop): Be a lumberjack for the day and try your hand at hitting the bulls-eye.
For more information, click here.
Canada’s 150th Yoga Special at McArthurGlen Designer Outlet
When: July 1 10:00am-11:00am
Where: McArthurGlen Outlet
Address: 7899 Templeton Station Road, Richmond, BC V7B 0B7
- There will be live music!
- Dress in white, symbol of peace
- All yogis should be dressed in white from head to toe. See Lolë’s white yoga collection here.
- All on-site participants will receive a free Lolë mat, a Lolë gift bag filled with a Lolë promo card and goodies from your favourite McArthurGlen Designer Outlet brands and local partners!
- The event will take place rain or shine.
- 9:30am Participants' arrival
- 10:00am Yoga session
- 11:00am End of yoga session
Yoga teacher: Amy Molema & Colleen Datt
Should the forecast call for extreme weather conditions that could cause major delays or changes, they’ll let you know within 48 hours of the event. But you might want to have a light white jacket or a rain poncho ready just in case!
For more information and/or to buy your tickets, click here.
Canada’s 150th Drumming Celebrations
When: July 1 10:00am-12:30pm (drumming at 11:00am)
Where: Creekside Park
Address: 1455 Quebec Street, Vancouver, BC V6A 3Z7
Spearheaded by a consortium of individuals and groups in the Chinese Canadian communities in eight cities across the country, including Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Winnipeg, Regina, Calgary and Vancouver, the project will engage all Canadians and residents to participate in a celebratory burst of patriotism on Canada’s 150th birthday. This unified Canada 150 Drumming activity can be done on any variety of drums – hand drums, snare drums, steel drums, Highland drums, what have you – even pots and pans. And it’s free! This commemorative, fun event will demonstrate the inclusive, multicultural society that Canada is all about. With proper registration and validation, we are working to achieve recognition in the Guinness World Records as “the largest geographic area of simultaneous drumming for a national day celebration”.
Fore more information, click here.
To register, click here.
To see events in other areas of Metro Vancouver, click here.
*Events information is taken from the linked websites*